Built with top performance in mind, the RackSwitchâ„¢ G8264 is ideal for todayâ€™s big data, cloud and optimized workloads. It is an enterprise-class and full-featured data-center switch that delivers line-rate, high-bandwidth switching, filtering, and traffic queuing without delaying data. Large data-center grade buffers keep traffic moving. Redundant power and fans along with numerous high availability features equips the switch for business-sensitive traffic. The G8264 supports VMreadyÂ® technology, an innovative, standards-based solution to manage virtual machines (VMs) in small to large-scale data center and cloud environments.
The RackSwitch G8264 is ideal for latency-sensitive applications such as high performance computing clusters and financial applications and is a key piece when connecting multiple chassis together with Flex Systemâ„¢ solutions. The G8264 supports stacking for up to eight switches for simplified switch management as well as Virtual Fabric to enable clients to diminish the number of I/O adapters by creating virtual NICs out of a 10 Gb adapter, helping reduce cost and complexity. The G8264 supports the newest protocolsâ€”including Data Center Bridging/Converged Enhanced Ethernet (DCB/CEE) for support of Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), in addition to iSCSI and NAS.
– Optimized for applications requiring high bandwidth and low latency
– Supports Virtual Fabric and OpenFlow
– Up to sixty-four 10 Gb SFP+ ports in a 1U form factor
– Future-proofed with four 40 Gb QSFP+ ports
– Stackingâ€”A single switch image and configuration file can be used for up to eight switches, sharing only one IP address and one management interface